Category Archives: travel essentials
BACK TO LIFE. BACK TO REALITY. HOWEVER DO YOU NEED ME. HOWEVER DO YOU WANT ME.
it has been too long, blog. i truly miss you and i think of you often.
ever since my new baby arrived, i have had no time except for my newborn and my toddler and sometimes for my mansome handboy (i.e. – my main man dude hubby). the only thing i can do for the things i want to do is to think about them – i.e. blogging, drawing, chatting with friends (who are now my imaginary friends), sleeping, and sometimes eating.
but here i am blog.
i actually have a free moment and i want to tell you that among my busy hectic but fun loving newborn/toddler days, i still have desires and wishes and wants for stuff.
this is just a beginning. there are SO much more i want but i dont have enough time to tell you all about it. enjoy these and feel free to get them for me, my blog readers. i miss you too much and when i find the technology to add an extra 12 hours onto one day or when i find the technology to freeze time (like Evie from Out of This World), i will be back to tell you more about me and my life and my stuff and my newfound superfantastic baby + toddler.
1) signet stardust ring-14kt gold
2) Lavender Relaxing Foot Cream
3) Incense Matches – not a crazee incense lady but would be good to have it in our guest bathroom for those moments that no one likes to be in. you know what i am talking about and i am not afraid to say it.
4) Wedzu’s kissing bird ring
5) Stella McCartney: Horsey printed sweater
6) Swedish Hasbeens: large shoulder bags in red please
7) Claire & Anaud’s Origami jewellery pegasus necklace. i really do want this around my neck please.
8) New High (M)art shirts – any one of these stripes shirt would be great for an everyday wear and i am loving stripes these days.
9) Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent – been looking for a small/medium-ish cross over bags to carry all my stuff along with some toddler toys + infant essentials on days that i dont feel like carrying a diaper bag.
10) MCMC Fragrances – Dude No. 1 – dont know what this smells like but i would like to smell it and therefore would love to get it for my dude so that i can smell the dude on my dude. (maybe this was for The Dude on Big Lebowski?)
11) Lanvin Dear Danae Foldover Tote – this could be perfect for my i dont feel like carrying my diaper bag day because i want to use a regular bag but yet i need it big enough so that i can carry all my kids stuff but not too big so my arms are free to grab my kids kind of day. (its pretty much how i feel everyday now.)
12) Props on a Stick – this would be great for me and my little dude to play dress up especially on a rainy day or just about any day when we feel like being somebody else for one second.
13) Fjallraven 15″ Computer Bag – i just got the purple Fjallraven day bag (for my upcoming trip – well it was more of an excuse to buy another bag) but i also want this so that i can carry my soon to arrive iPad2 with me.
here and there. the things ive seen and i am ready to share with you people.
this Nanamica Gore Tex Duffle Coat is too much for me. look at it. its super nice and as you know i am a sucker for toggles. i wish they make this for ladies. but heck, i would love to get this for my mansomehandboy.
as i have posted about these backpacks before, i think its best that i get all three different sizes (12 by 14, 9 by 11 and the 15″)in different colors of course. that way, i can use them according to the occasion. and i think its a good investment since they will last and i am all for backpacks.
finally, i would like to have this necklace. i have seen many necklaces with the same idea but for some reason i like Ruth Barzel’s the best. (and on the side: is that arm pit sweat??! if so, thats kind of gross and kind of cool that she doesnt care about using the pic. if its not, then what kind of shirt is that OR what is that?)
Things I learned on my recent trip.
we were away to the sticky humid hot east coast for 5 days and here are some things that i have learned about the world and about myself.
1) bugs/mosquitoes love my skin. i pretty much wore shorts the whole time i was there and everyday i would find new itchy red spots on my legs. (notice the plural on the word spot.) i did the whole OFF thing and it does not work on me. i truly believe that my blood is sweet and is even sweeter than my little boy’s since he wore shorts and he got no bites. and if i am one of those crazees, then i will believe that the bugs are out to get me. i just want to squish them.
2) Silly Bandz ARE indeed super popular among kids’ arm. i met a 9.5 year old and one of the first thing i learned from her was silly bandz and since that moment on, i see them in all kids’ arm. my question is – is this like the chia pet where its popular for a bit and then its gone but then its still around somehow?
3) i really like using a backpack. its true. i said it. i really DO like my traveling backpack. i got my lululemon backpack last year when i travel with my baby alone internationally and i must say everyone should get one especially if you have kids. my next plan is to get another backpack to use when i get to my destination and i already had it pick out a long time ago but never got around to getting one since i cant decide on the color. its the Fjällräven classic Kanken backpack.
4) i hate having dirty laundry in my luggage! HATE. i do. but then this time in our hotel, there was actually a little laundry room on our floor and i got to do my laundry and was able to avoid dirty laundry in my luggage. i was seriously very very VERY happy. SO, from now on, another thing i look for in a hotel is a laundry room access. (i dont like to send out my laundry to the hotel because i dont trust anyone with my clothes. i like to be the only one that handles my clothing. and besides, they charge way too much and they dont come back the same day.)
5) 3 Floz.com
6) i love my MUJI mesh garment bags. they keep everything together. i purchased at least 10 of them in various sizes when i was over in asia. i had one big one for my mansomehandboy, two for my little dude and two for myself in our suitcase. i love my MUJI travel gears. i wish they have a store close to me.
7) the trip turned out great for the reason of us going and i was very proud for what was said by my mansomehandboy during his speech and i know his mom would be very very proud of him. she was one fantastic woman.